Iphone lock screen does not ask for password in any way

i had passcode and registered fingerprint on my iphone se 2022 with ios 17.0.3. i pressed the home button of my phone with my unregistered finger and noticed that it turned on. i did this many times and it worked. i deleted all the fingerprints on my phone and tried again and got the same result. i removed the passcode and added it again but got the same problem again. i want to mention that require passcode is set to immediate. I am sure that my fingerprint reader is not broken because fingerprint login is on in whatsapp app and when I press the wrong finger it gives an error and when I press the right finger it opens the app. also on the lock screen normally when I put my finger and press hard it should unlock but because I put my finger it unlocks.

In the video below, I first show that my fingerprint is registered and to show that it is not broken, I press the whatsapp lock with the wrong finger the first 2 times and then I show it by pressing it with the right finger. then I remove the fingerprint and lock the screen and it does not ask for a password in any way. it opens as soon as I put my finger on the touch id. (I don't even need to press hard.). by the way, when the screen is locked, I press the lock key 2 times in a row to go to the lock screen so that the recording does not.

https://youtube.com/shorts/s3ge8uytjV4?feature=share

Answered by 0ibrahim in 768653022

My knowledge of English is limited, I wrote this article with translation, sorry for the typos.

Accepted Answer

My knowledge of English is limited, I wrote this article with translation, sorry for the typos.

We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities

I ran into the same issue today. iPhone12 Pro Max running 17.0.3. iPhone got in a state where it would not lock no matter what. Phone opened up without FaceID (covered the camera) and without passcode. I restarted the phone and the issue went away but I am trying to reproduce. Phone security is compromised!

Iphone lock screen does not ask for password in any way

Q