Xcode 15 preview crashes Xcode

Hi,

Having various problems with Xcode. Finally got it to load the runtimes and now when I try to preview, either with the old method or #Preview, the preview panel icon spins and the folder view refreshes several times until Xcode finally crashes with a SIGABRT.

I've sent feedback, but not sure if I will hear back. I've tried with public 15.0, 15.0.1 RC and 15.1 Beta. All the same.

The status bar at the top changes between 'Packages | Fetching' and 'Indexing | Processing Files', while the Folder list on the left keeps refreshing. About 10 refreshes later and Xcode crashes.

Running directly in the simulator works, although it does take a long time to start after the app has loaded.

This is with iOS 17.0 as the target or with 16.0.

I cleared out all the previews with:

xcrun simctl --set previews delete all

Which saved some space but didn't help.

Thanks, Darren

Sorry to hear you are having issues with previews and Xcode crashing. Could you reply with the ID of the feedback you filed and I'll make sure the right team is looking at it?

Hi,

Afraid I didn't notice any feedback ID. It would have been submitted under darren.keverne (at) me.com, or dkeverne (at) dazzlee.net

If you need, I can raise another one.

Thanks, Darren

I can't seem to find any of those. It'd be worth filing a new feedback if you are up for it. Please make sure to include preview diagnostics as well as a sysdiagnose:

1. Download and install the logging profile on all devices involved. Instructions and profiles are available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=swift
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Click the "Diagnostics" button in the error banner in Previews' Canvas area (or if the banner is missing you can use the menu: Editor > Canvas > Diagnostics)
  4. In the sheet that appears, click "Generate Report" in the bottom left of the sheet
  5. Attach (or make from the folder) the resulting zip file to the bug (will be named something like previews-diagnostics-0123456789.zip)
  6. Generate the sysdiagnose(s) and attach those too

Hi, latest one submitted as FB13279339, I also found the other one, didn't know about the feedback assistant, you can see I was quite irritated in FB13277636 as I'd only just solved the problem with runtimes not loading!

Thanks

Xcode 15 preview crashes Xcode

Q