Using DriverKit to simulate graphics tablet input

Hi, My goal is to enable this project https://github.com/evidlo/remarkable_mouse to provide native tablet inputs with full information to applications on MacOS, allowing me to reuse my reMarkable tablet for the computer instead of having to buy yet another device, such as a Wacom tablet or an iPad Pro for sidecar when the necessary hardware is already in my posession.

I would like to understand whether it is possible to use DriverKit in order to simulate a graphics tablet input device with extra inputs such as pressure and tilt in user-space. Or is this something where IOKit or other comes into play, requiring the creation of a kernel space driver?

In either case, what would be the right steps to take?

How would I create a virtual device and what are the limitations?

If you have the knowledge, how complex would you consider this project to be?

The path should basically be some inter-process communication from remarkable_mouse, possibly file-based, triggering tablet events through the driver. At least in the first stage.

I assume better performance would be achieved if the whole system was self-contained but porting the reMarkable communication is another challenge on its own.

I am experienced developing in other environments but MacOS and driver development are fairly new to me. I've read through the documentation on how to handle the tablet events but creating them seems much murkier.

I have searched around for this specific topic without getting much. An open-source tablet driver would be a great place to start but sadly I found none. I've also inquired with ChatGPT but only got high level tips and pseudocode.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!