Starting with iOS Dev.

I am starting with programming. I changed career of late. I learnt basics of python very recently. I am keen to work as iOS developer in future. There's ambiguity how to kickstart my journey of programming and app dev. I need suggestion regarding what resources to follow. It's hard to do it without proper and directed guidance. In Book store, I could see books. I downloaded two of them, one is Develop in Swift Fundamentals and the other book is Develop in Swift Explorations. I am confused which one to read first. Is there some other good resources available online? Some YT channel I could refer? Please help me!

Accepted Reply

What do you want to learn ?

• develop with UIKit
  • develop with SwiftUI (may be a better choice for you if you're starting).

For UIKit, Swift Fundamentals is a good start, but probably a second step. But there is even a better first step: Intro to App development with Swift. It will let you start with Playgrounds, which is simpler.

For SwiftUI, you can start with this Apple tutorial: https://developer.apple.com/tutorials/app-dev-training/getting-started-with-scrumdinger

Hope that helps.

Note: and finally, there is the forum to help you when you get lost (don't worry, that will happen…). Wish you good and enjoyable learning.

Replies

What do you want to learn ?

• develop with UIKit
  • develop with SwiftUI (may be a better choice for you if you're starting).

For UIKit, Swift Fundamentals is a good start, but probably a second step. But there is even a better first step: Intro to App development with Swift. It will let you start with Playgrounds, which is simpler.

For SwiftUI, you can start with this Apple tutorial: https://developer.apple.com/tutorials/app-dev-training/getting-started-with-scrumdinger

Hope that helps.

Note: and finally, there is the forum to help you when you get lost (don't worry, that will happen…). Wish you good and enjoyable learning.

Thank you @Claude31 for such a swift response. Hehe... I am planning to learn develop with SwiftUI as it is gaining momentum. As I just saw the link you mentioned, it says,

You’ll need to know about Swift before you begin, so start by reviewing The Basics of the Swift programming language for an overview of syntax, data types, and unique language features, such as optionals. Also review the Closures section because you’ll use them frequently in SwiftUI.

And The Basics of the Swift programming language is an official documentation. So I will focus on learning Swift first then other things. Do you think official doc is enough to learn swift? I mean the language and interpretation will not be easy, Any suggestion?

Then start with Intro to app development with Swift. You will learn the basics of the language, enough to start learning SwiftUI.

Over time, you will learn more about Swift (10 years after, I’m still learning !).

Enjoy and rely on the forum for help when needed.