simulator not opening or booting after wasting a lot of money on data (no retry option )

Setting up my MacBook Pro 2018 has been quite a struggle. When I attempted to install Xcode, it prompted an update from Ventura to Sonoma, a process that turned out to be painstakingly slow. What's worse, if the download failed due to a poor network, there was no retry option, necessitating a complete reinstallation.

After investing time and money to update my Mac, I finally managed to install Xcode. However, the next step was to download iOS 17 simulators. Unfortunately, the download failed at the 7GB mark, and to my dismay, there was no option to retry. This endeavor has been financially taxing due to the expenses on data.

To compound matters, upon further attempts, I discovered that the simulator app I managed to download isn't functioning properly. It's disheartening to have devoted so much time and resources to this, only to encounter roadblocks at every turn. Any advice or assistance to resolve these issues would be immensely appreciated.

How were you downloading Xcode? If you download it through Safari you can simply press the orange retry button in the downloads window and it picks up where it left off.

In my experience the Simulators have always downloaded fine. Seeing as you had to download them a few times to get a full version, why didn't you go to a cafe or somewhere else with free Wi-Fi?

You don't explain how the simulator you downloaded isn't "functioning properly" so no one can help you there.

Your post isn't really about developing for Apple's operating systems; it's more of a moan that you had to spend time setting things up.

Firstly, where I am, there's no access to free Wi-Fi; we lack that luxury here. Secondly, after downloading Xcode, it requested that I download the iOS 17 simulator, which was 7GB. During this process, the download failed multiple times without a retry button. I'm frustrated, especially considering the amount of money spent on data!

simulator not opening or booting after wasting a lot of money on data (no retry option )

Q