Managing signing certificate without an Apple Developer subscription

Hi,

I'm trying to manage singing certificates but it's proving impossible without having the Apple Developer subscription. I think it should be basic that any developer can handle their certificates as they wish. The opposite could easily result in increased security risk for all Apple users.

I was hoping I could:

• Delete existing certificates, since I can't manage to find the password, so they're useless
  • Create a new certificate.

It would also be create if when creating a new certificate I could use a different email and name. The ones in my AppleID are my personal email and name, which are used for the certificates. However, I'd like to use my brand's name and email for the app I'm building.

Is there a way to do this without paying USD 99 per year to Apple?

When you sign in with an Apple ID that’s not a member of a paid team, Xcode shows you as being in a Personal Team. That term is very deliberate. This feature is intended for folks playing around with apps on their own devices. You can’t use it to distribute apps.

However, I'd like to use my brand's name and email for the app I'm building.

Is there a way to do this without paying USD 99 per year to Apple?

No.

If you’re building an app for a brand, enroll in the Apple Developer Program as an Organization.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Managing signing certificate without an Apple Developer subscription

Q