Macbook air 2020 gets stucks when miroring screen to an external display

I a macbook air 2020 m1 16Gb Ram and I'm having an annoying bug that started after i updated my mac to mac Sonoma 14.1. Whenever I connect an external display to my mac (hp e22 g4), mirror the screen and then start to watch a video the mac gets stuck. The keyboard doesn't respond, closing the lid doesn't help, only hard resetting the mac and causing to reboot seems to stop this. If I extend the display to the external monitor the bug doesn't occurs, it happen only when mirroring the screen. Tried different usb c to hdmi adapters, including high quality adapter, but it still happens. It didn't happened on older versions of mac os with the same adapter. Also, tried replacing the hdmi cable, but it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone help me with solving this issue? It's really annoying that I cant' mirror my mac's screen.

Replies

We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities