Xcode crashing on second run

Hey everybody. I have a weird issue where I run my code with no issues. Then I run my code again, and Xcode crashes, without fail, every single time. Anyone have a similar issue?

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 6 Abort trap: 6 Terminating Process: Xcode [32564]

Application Specific Information: abort() called

Application Specific Signatures: NSInvalidArgumentException

Please post a full crash report; see Posting a Crash Report for advice on how to do that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I'm seeing the exact same behavior where my code runs once. Then the second time Xcode crashes. When I restart it works one more time and then fails again the second time.

Were you able to solve the problem?

mbkeel, Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. Someone how I missed your response with the crash report.

That crash reports shows Xcode 14.1.2 crashing trying to manipulate its console pane. Are you able to reproduce this with Xcode 15? This is relevant because Xcode 15 has a completely new console pane (see WWDC 2023 Session 10226 Debug with structured logging) so it’s quite possible that this bug no longer exists there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Q