Xcode - Unable to select device with older sim runtime

I am unable to switch from iPhone 15(IOS 17 sim) to iPhone 14 pro(IOS 16.4 sim). I have both iOS 17 and iOS 16.4 simulators installed

p.s : Trying to switch to IOS 16.4 sim because 17 causes my M2 Air overheat alot to the extent that i can't touch it.

Replies

What do you have as your minimum deployment target? I believe it defaults to the most recent os version. You need to be sure to select 16.4 or earlier for iOS and of course be sure your app supports the selected version.

• This worked, Thanks 👍🏻

Add a Comment

In the Devices and Simulators window create a new simulator with a distinct name and set it to use the 16.4 runtime. That newly created device should show up as an option in both the Xcode run destination picker, as well as the preview device picker in the Canvas.

Did this and the newly created simulator does't show

IOS 17.0 was taking 16GB+ so i recently deleted it by going to Xcode->Settings->Platforms and now i am back to the same issue of iPhone 14 Pro(IOS 16.4) not showing up in the manage run designations and getting the error "IOS 17.0 Not Installed". I have IOS 16.4 set up as minimum deployments