FB13516799: Training Tabular Regression ML Models on large datasets in Xcode 15 continuously "Processing"

Hi,

In Xcode 14 I was able to train linear regression models with Create ML using large CSV files (I tested on about 30000 items and 5 features):

However, in Xcode 15 (I tested on 15.0.1 and 15.1), the training continuously stays in the "Processing" state:

When using a dataset with 900 items, everything works fine.

I filed a feedback for this issue: FB13516799.

Does anybody else have this issue / can reproduce it?

• I meant tabular regression models.

Add a Comment

Replies

I've tried to look into this further with the Console app, and it seems that everything might be working but very slowly due to the large dataset. However, I don't remember this process being that slow on Xcode 14.

The only reports I found were some cpu usage and wakeups diagnostic reports.

After leaving it process the data for a while, I eventually got some <private> class has successfully loaded the model at <private>. and The optimizer converged after ... iterations. streamed by the MLRecipeExecutionService (CoreML) and IntelligencePlatformComputeService (CoreML) processes after 5 minutes. But after 30 minutes the training is still not finished.

Another log message I found is the following:

<private> class was unable to load the model at <private> with error: <private>; The model loader is going to use another class.