iOS 17.3 Beta

Since the 1st of January, out of nothing my test device starts to behave like it did during the test of iOS 17 beta 5. The device doesn't find any wifi network anymore and most of the time it disables the functionality completely. The button to toggle on wifi is inactive and can't be changed. So I went thru some post and tried a lot of stuff.

1. I reset the network, not help
  2. I tried to remove the networks that could be the issue, remove = ok, but no solution
  3. I tried to inactivate the reverse proxy stuff, seems it wasn't even activated. But quite difficult to get there, cause most of the time no window is shown
  4. Airdrop doesn't work, but it suggests me to activate wi-fi, but no luck
  5. I can't set on the Cellar Data to use it when the wi-fi connection is to bad
  6. I did a downgrade to iOS 17.3 beta, cause yes, I was able to do the update before the withdraw of Apple for the version iOS 17.3 beta2 and at the beginning the wifi seemed to work, the device saw multiple wifi networks, but wasn't able to connect to them. And after that the device came back to the situation as before. So it was of short moment, but I was able with a lot of lag, to see the different wi-fi settings, and they seemed all good to me.
  7. As there is no wi-fi, on cellar data (4G/5G), I can not do a backup for the amount of data. The problem is that the device is to full and to slow (66GB of the 250GB the device has) to complete versus the MacBook or iCloud.

Any suggestion would be great, if there is none, I will do like the last time and do a full restore, with a backup from some time ago.

• Finally, I've re-installed from scratch. The device was very slow to connect to the wifi's but after an upgrade to the latest version beta, all came back to normal. So I do not know what really happened, except that it is configuration related, which has an influence on the behaviour of the os.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have noticed that with 17.3 beta that while my iPhone 15 Pro indicates I'm connected to wifi that I still have a ton of cellular data usage. When I'm not connected to wifi using facebook to open a webpage or safari and many apps I receive a message about unable to reach server or network not available - while some things X/Facebook work for the normal feed.

Somethings not right in 17.3 beta....

I have a similar problem. At first 17.3 beta worked fine, then later maybe it was updated then broke wifi completely including the cellular data. When 17.3 production was available the phone was completely wiped & restored from backup and 17.3 Production was installed. At first the wifi worked, then within a few minutes it breaks completely. This process has been completed twice with the same results. Anyone know a solution to this? Would installing 17.4 beta fix the wifi issue?