Detect SSID

I need to scan nearby wifi to detect if I am nearby specific SSID or not, I don't need to connect to the wifi just I will use it to know if I am near to it or not .

at Flutter I find wifi_scan Package but its documentations mention that to use this package you requires special entitlements from Apple

Answered by NourElfawal in 777378022

yes i am not using it for wifi accessory, my app detect if i am nearby wifi which has known mac Address for my app and send me a notification to tell me i am in that place i don't need to connect to Wifi i will use it only to know if i am near that wifi or not, the wifi device i will sell it to my customer after save the mac address in my app.

I need to scan nearby wifi to detect if I am nearby specific SSID or not

There’s no supported way to do that on iOS. TN3111 iOS Wi-Fi API overview makes that very clear.

its documentations mention that to use this package you requires special entitlements from Apple

It’s probably using NEHotspotHelper, which requires the com.apple.developer.networking.HotspotHelper entitlement. Quoting TN3111:

There are both technical and business restrictions that prevent it from being used for other tasks, such … Wi-Fi based location.

Most folks who ask questions like this are building a Wi-Fi accessory. I have a bunch of info for those folks in Extra-ordinary Networking. However, as you’re not planning to connect, I suspect that you’re building something else. Care to elaborate?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

yes i am not using it for wifi accessory, my app detect if i am nearby wifi which has known mac Address for my app and send me a notification to tell me i am in that place i don't need to connect to Wifi i will use it only to know if i am near that wifi or not, the wifi device i will sell it to my customer after save the mac address in my app.

Detect SSID

Q