Strings Catalog only now renders as JSON in editor

I have added a strings catalog to my project, and it populates and updates correctly. However, after adding a few "vary as plurals" edits, now the file only renders as a JSON in the editor. So, there's no UI to add languages, for example.

The strings catalog still works, and if I manually edit a string it will be compiled into the app, and if I edit a string in my app source, it will update in the JSON file. It's just that the strings catalog UI itself is hidden.

If I delete the Localizable file and re-add it, the UI returns. But then if I make my pluralization edits again, the UI disappears and it renders only as JSON. If I drag this xcstrings file into another project it will render with the correct UI, so it seems like a project setting.

Is there some setting to re-enable this?

Answered by rkhamilton in 777944022

It turns out you can right click the file in the Xcode navigator and choose “open as / Strings Catalog” to get the UI back. I had been looking for it in the menu bar.

Accepted Answer

It turns out you can right click the file in the Xcode navigator and choose “open as / Strings Catalog” to get the UI back. I had been looking for it in the menu bar.

Strings Catalog only now renders as JSON in editor

Q