iphone 13 mini will not connect to dev machine

I've been using my phone for quite some time for personal development, basically since i got it, Before iOS 17 was released I updated my phone with iOS 17 beta and after that even though i've gotten the latest release and beta updates are off on my phone, my macbook will not recognize my phone, particularly for xcode to see it. I also have a mac studio that i can connect to with this phone and use for development but I don't understand why this phone with this particular macbook pro will not connect. Although it will charge and i even get the trust / do not trust prompt on my phone.

Here is what i've tried so far, reset my phone to factory defaults (completely wiped my phone)

reinstalled macOS on my macbook pro, i know its extreme but this is after a lot of trying and failing

got the lastest iOS (iOS 17.2) got the latest macOS (14.2.1 sonoma) got the latest xcode 15.2, have all the command line tools and agreements accepted

restarted my machine / xcode, deleted derived data, cleaned my build, tried multiple projects

iphone is in developer mode this whole time as well

reset the permissions on my iphone, and trusted again multiple times, i've even tried multiple different cables, including official iphone cables and unofficial amazon brand cables.

so i'm at my wits end, any suggestions?

Between Xcode 15+ and iOS 17+, Apple tries to open a network connection to the device even though it's already connected by wire. Connecting to the device by network does not work on many VPNs including ours. So disconnecting from VPN fixed it for us. If you're not on a VPN, check that your iPhone and your Mac are on the same WiFi.

iphone 13 mini will not connect to dev machine

Q