Missing info.plist key: NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription

I've been having trouble uploading my app to the app store using application loader.

It accepts the app to start with, but 5 minutes after submitting, I get an email saying:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

However, my info.plist has this key in it

<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>

<string>$(PRODUCT_NAME) uses photos</string>

Can anybody explain why this isn't working?

Replies

Had the same identical problem. Took 10 hours straight to eliminate.

First, do not attempt to edit the Info.plist manually as it will mostly leads to overlapping. The Info.plist is terribly structured, a minor misplacemeant will lead to misinterpretation by Apple's binary decoder.

Solution

* Clear the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription from your info.plist.

* Project --> info --> add new key --> Scroll Until ( Privacy - Photo Library Usage ) --> click add

--> specify a value for this key (i.e "My app uses photos for mutating blue frogs") --> done!

hope this helps

• It works! Thank you!

• Hey i know this post was 5 years ago, but i'm hopeful you still might see this question. In the project --> info --> add new key...can you say exactly where that is? Are you refering to Project --> runner or Targets --> Runner?

Last question, from where do I clear NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription? I don't see it Targets --> Runner --> info.

All this I assume is done in Xcode.

Thanks!

• At Xdode14

"Project Navigation" --> click "info.plist" file --> On the property list view, click on 'Information Property List' there will have "(+)" icon on the text right side. ---> click on "(+)" ---> should have a selection list popup, select 'Privacy - Photo Library Usage Description' ---> add value.

You are right completely! Thank you so much:)

You save my life! Thank you :)

Thank you so much!