App rejected after removing app tracking transparency framework

Our new app version is being rejected because it has Device ID checked in privacy, but the new version of the app no longer has tracking function. When I try to remove user tracking from privacy, the following message appears

"Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription, indicating that you will request permission to track users. To update this information on your app's product page, you must indicate which data types are tracking users. If this is incorrect, update your app binary and upload a new build to App Store Connect."

We no longer has the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription on binary/build. I've already sent several resources to apple informing the situation but they keep rejecting with the same message:

"Guideline 2.5.1 - Performance - Software Requirements

We noticed your app's binary contains references to App Tracking Transparency, but you have indicated you do not intend to ask users for permission to track at this time.

Since App Tracking Transparency is only intended to be used by apps requesting authorization to track, it would be appropriate to disable App Tracking Transparency before resubmitting your app for review.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, remove any App Tracking Transparency-related keys in your app's info.plist and from localized string files.

In addition to removing these keys, you may also choose to fully remove other references to the AppTrackingTransparency framework from your app.

If your app does not track users, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect to not declare tracking. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information."

I am not able to update my app. Any suggestions?

Which step in the "next steps" don't you succeed executing ?

You note that you have removed NSUserTrackingUserDescription from Info.plist, but your rejection from App Review explicitly states that the binary is what is referencing App Tracking. App Store Connect does decompilation of your binary and examines the libraries that are linked and used. I would triple-check that there is no reference ANYWHERE in your codebase to ATTrackingManager (including in third-party libraries). I would also double-check that if you have any additional targets, NSUserTrackingUserDescription has been removed from all of their Info.plist as well.

FYI, I submitted an appeal to the app review board explaining the situation and they just approved the new version as is. Thanks Apple, but this was a very convoluted process and your app reviewers should be aware of the possibility that this situation comes up for any app that wants to remove app tracking transparency.

App rejected after removing app tracking transparency framework

Q