ITMS-90109: This bundle is invalid - The key UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the Info.plist may not contain values that would prevent this application from running on devices that were supported by previous versions.

So I have an app live in the app store all good, however I am now developing an update to it that adds the ability to allow photos to be used and that requires that the app gets an additional access to the camera roll. Now on upload to testflight I get this error emailed to me, not in the interface:

ITMS-90109: This bundle is invalid - The key UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the Info.plist may not contain values that would prevent this application from running on devices that were supported by previous versions.

To me that is saying that I cant add new features to an app that requires additional permissions. Is that correct? How can I get around this, will my app get rejected when I submit it due to this, or is it just an information item?

To me that is saying that I cant add new features to an app that requires additional permissions. Is that correct?

Not quite. The app needs to check at runtime for the feature and provide the app’s other functionality even if it is not present.

Thanks, but the app is doing this. I do have the check for access in the code as well as the info.plist entry, so confused as to what the issue is.

I do have the check for access in the code as well as the info.plist entry

No, you should check only in the code (at runtime). Remove the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities item from the info.plist.

No, you should check only in the code (at runtime). Remove the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities item from the info.plist.

Oh I see, OK thanks.

Q