Xcode Cloud should not use Release Candidates of Xcode if the App Store doesn't accept them

If you have configured your workflows to use 'Latest Release', and there's a Release Candidate available, Xcode Cloud decides to use it.

The problem is that the App Store rejects builds submitted with Release Candidate builds, at least that's what I'm encountering with Xcode 15.3 on the 27th of February, 2024:

This is the error:

Unsupported SDK or Xcode version. Your app was built with an SDK or version of Xcode that isn’t supported. Although you can use beta versions of SDKs and Xcode to build and upload apps to App Store Connect, you need to use the latest Release Candidates (RC) for SDKs and Xcode to submit the app. For details on currently supported SDKs and versions of Xcode, visit: https://developer.apple.com/news/releases.

I'm not really sure if the issue is on Xcode Cloud or on the App Store, but something's up and they don't like each other right now!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of xmollv Down vote post of xmollv
1.2k views

Replies

I've been receiving the same problems. Have you been able to release before or did you set up cloud today?

• Configure the XCode version to the latest final version (currently 15.2) in the XCode Cloud workflow. With this configuration, the build will succeed. However, I think this is a BUG of XCode Cloud.

• @1gor We had been releasing before. It broke today when they released the RC, you can of course change the Xcode used to the latest that's not a RC (what we did to unblock us) but this means we have to keep switching which version of Xcode our builds use instead of using the latest stable (non-RC one). Hopefully somebody on the Xcode Cloud team will pick this up and allow us to select latest (non-RC) ones!

Add a Comment

Issue resolved by changing the Xcode version from the latest to 15.0.1 (I changed to this specific version because the project was successfully built on my laptop which has this Xcode version. Maybe other older versions will work too.)

Same here! I've been able to build successfully until 14:00, but starting from 15:00, all release builds have failed with the same error message.

• I am experiencing the same issues since 2 hours

Add a Comment