SIGABRT error in Xcode just by cloning a repo for an App

I have a Swift-SwiftUI app for MacOS that runs perfectly well (meaning no errors whatsoever) on an Intel MacBook Pro (16 GB ram) but crashed immediately when trying to run on an ARM MacBook Air (8 GB ram). The error in the app is SIGTRAP (Name space Signal, Code 5 Trace/BPT trap 5 (Terminating process exc handler 1496.

Although the exe was build on the intel Mac, but for both platforms (Intel & ARM) seeking to troubleshoot this issue, I tried to clone the app to further debug it using Xcode within the ARM platform, just to get into a bigger issue:

As soon as the app is cloned and read, Xcode crashes with error SIGABRT (Name space Signal, Code 6 Trace/BPT trap 6 (Terminating process exc handler 1006). That happens just by attempt to load the source code of the app within Xcode, which surprises me a lot.

Xcode Version on the ARM 15.0.1 (15A507) Xcode Version on the Intel 15.2 (15C500b) OS on the ARM Sonoma 14.2 OS on the Intel Sonoma 14.2.1

As this App is intended to run MacOS 12 and above, I discarded the tiny difference between OS. As to Xcode, it confuses me, as in my view, it shouldn't crash at least before the time of building the exe file...

Any help to troubleshoot this will be very much appreciated!

Attached:

Xcode "quit unexpectedly" crash log

[Xcode] shouldn't crash

Agreed. I recommend that you file a bug about this. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

In terms of a workaround, if you clone the repo using the git command-line tool and then open the project in Xcode, does that still crash?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks Quinn! as to your question: if you clone the repo using the git command-line tool and then open the project in Xcode, does that still crash

**YES, that is exactly what happened and it surprised me a lot. **

Well, blat, that’s annoying.

As to workarounds, try this:

1. Create a new user account is System Settings > Users & Groups.

2. Log in to that account.

3. Do the git clone thing.

4. Open the project.

Does that crash?

ps Please don’t forget to file a bug.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

SIGABRT error in Xcode just by cloning a repo for an App

Q