Problems attaching crash reports?

I’ve seen a number of comments recently from folks who are unable to attach a crash report to their post. I’d like to gather some examples so that I can escalate this issue. If you’re affected by this, please reply here to let me know.

Ideally I’d like that reply to contain a copy of your crash report. That’s problematic if you can’t post it! One workaround is to upload it to your favourite file sharing service and then post a link here. That’ll work as long as you post the link in the clear. See tip 14 of Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips

For general info on how to post a crash report, see Posting a Crash Report.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

I tried to post a crash report earlier but failed. This is the example of the crash report that I tried to attach: https://file.io/6r7MyCe2llIK

This is the example of the crash report that I tried to attach

Thanks for helping out here. I followed that link but it website says that the file has been deleted.

Share and Enjoy

Oh I am sorry, I tried to download the file earlier to make sure the link actually works but I didn't notice there was a note in the site that says: File will be deleted after download.

I have reuploaded again, please check this one: https://file.io/4Xmdqsw99fJh

Here is edysudarto's crash report:

Thanks for the new link.

I have an internal space where I can test stuff like this, so I tried posting your crash report there. It worked.

I thought that might be because I’m an Apple person, so I tried posting it here using my personal account. As you can see above, that worked as well.

Please reply here and try to attach your crash report with your reply.

Share and Enjoy

Test to upload crash report

You were right, I was able to upload it here.

Actually last time, I only tried to upload it when trying to create the initial post, not through reply section. I wonder if that could be the factor to this issue or the logic used there should be the same with reply section ?

I wonder if that could be the factor to this issue or the logic used there should be the same with reply section ?

It’s possible.

I did try creating a new thread with your crash report in my internal space, but that’s not a definitive test as I mentioned above.

Can you try this yourself? Tag your thread with Forums Feedback and then link to this thread for context.

ps I appreciate your help in trying to isolate this.

Share and Enjoy

Got it. So I tried to create a new thread here but I was able to attach the crash report just fine. Now I am more confused why it didn't work few days earlier.

The only case I can think now is someone maybe accidentally mess up the logic earlier then fixed it, that's why it works now.

Now I am more confused why it didn't work few days earlier.

Yep, you and me both )-:

At this point there’s nothing for me to escalate, so I think I’ll let this slide. If the problem comes back please let me know by replying here.

[Oh, and the same goes for others folks reading this thread. If you encounter a crash report that you can’t post, please reply here.]

Share and Enjoy

Noted, will do that. Thanks !

Just a note to myself here: This thread is another example of where this problem mysteriously fixed itself.

Share and Enjoy

Here is a crash report I just try to join to a post two days ago encountering the same error:

• (tried sorry) Apparently the problem is gone here, but I precise that I tried that in a reply and not in the original post, so it cannot explain why it works here and not there...

Add a Comment

Hmmm, that’s the second time this has happened. Folks try to post a crash report, that fails mysteriously, and then sometime later it just works. I’m going to escalate this even though it mysteriously goes away.

Just for the record, I want to link to this thread, which has the exactly language of the report, namely:

This post contains sensitive language. Please revise it in order to continue.

Share and Enjoy