VisionOS Bluetooth usage

Hi!

I have previously developed an app that established a Bluetooth connection between two devices (two iPads). Now, I want to port the client-side app to VisionPro. Similar to the iPad app, I have supplemented my info.plist file with the following line: <key>NSBluetoothAlwaysUsageDescription</key> <string>Uses BLE to communicate with devices.</string> Despite this, when I launch the app on VisionPro, the prompt to use Bluetooth does not appear. What could be the issue? What additional settings do I need to configure to enable Bluetooth usage?

Replies

What exactly do you mean by the "client" side? In BLE terminology, the client side is Central, and Server side is Peripheral. visionOS supports BLE central apps so your app should run without any issues. If you mean the app is peripheral (using CBPeripheralManager), that is not supported on visionOS at this time.

If you would like the team to consider allowing peripheral apps on visionOS, they would appreciate if you could file a Feedback Report explaining your reasons, and how this would benefit your users. If you can share your Feedback ID here, it will be beneficial.

Add a Comment