iOS 17.4 broke something with app limits?

Update 1: Seems like app limits do work, but they don't account for time spent already in the day (only counts it since it first was scheduled? - but just guessing). This seems to be the change in behavior that is making it seem like broken.

I have an app that uses individual FamilyControls / Screen Time authorization. I am still investigating but reporting ASAP. Will add feedback and more later.

I am not sure what's going on, but so far:

• App limits generally work fine throughout the day(?)
  • At around 9 PM they stop working if I clear ManagedSettingStore/DeviceActivityCenter (it might be unrelated to the time, but just clearing, but this is just what I know so far)
  • I tried setting app limits from Apple's Setting app (so I could see if it's not just my app, and that system could have issues) and it crashes. The whole Settings app freezes and then crashes. (edit: after some freezing, including in the app picker, I was able to set a limit and it worked...did notice some odd behavior where 1 minute break did not work, but selecting 15 minute break did work)

going to also update: FB13688616

Replies

OK this thread talks about the actual problem:

Since you have an app related for Family controls, can you please tell how much time did it take you to get approval for Family control entitlement?

Would appreciate if you can respond to https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/749589