Xcode cloud gives invalid signature error

Hi,

We've been using Xcode cloud for one of our apps without issues for a while now. We're happy with it, and want to use it to build and publish all the apps we manage. But these past few days i've tried to set up a new app without success.

I'm receiving the errors

Invalid Signature. Code failed to satisfy specified code requirement(s). The file at path “{app}/Frameworks/hermes.framework/hermes” is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose “Clean All” in Xcode, delete the “build” directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/support/code-signing.
Invalid Signature. Code failed to satisfy specified code requirement(s). The file at path “{app.app}/{app}” is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose “Clean All” in Xcode, delete the “build” directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/support/code-signing.

The errors seems aimed towards someone trying to build locally, as to my understanding, i can't affect the cloud signing used by the pipeline.

Nonetheless, I've been trying to fix these by:

• Creating new certificates(both personal, and removing the xcode cloud ones)
  • Deleting Xcode cloud data and starting over
  • Changing, and testing, all relevant signing settings in project.pbxproj
  • Testing various Xcode and MacOS versions in the config
  • Creating provisioning profiles and specifying them in project.pbxproj
  • Compared files and structures between a working project and this one
  • Gone through all troubleshooting documentation and relevant posts and answers on various forums

The issue only exists in Xcode cloud, and as far i can see there should be no issues with the servers. If i switch to the exact build, build it locally and publish it, there's no issue.

Is there any more alternatives i can try before moving on from Xcode cloud to another solution?

Replies

@1gor same here have setup multiple apps before. But currently trying to set it up for a flutter app and gives me the same invalid signature error for included frameworks. Have tried deleting the generated xcode cloud certificates as well but to no avail. Seems like some configuration issue on xcode cloud front.

• Seems like it. It's unfortunate that we can't troubleshoot further. Maybe someone else can chime in with a solution.

If you manage to find a fix or notice it working again, please shoot me a comment. I'll promise to do the same. :)

Add a Comment