EAWiFiUnconfiguredAccessoryBrowser configureAccessory not showing UI modal up

Hello everyone, I'm trying to configure my WAC device trough an App. This App finds the device without problems using startSearchingForUnconfiguredAccessoriesMatchingPredicate but when I try to use configureAccessory method I get only 3 messages in Xcode and nothing happens.

These messages are:

2024-03-14 12:55:56.261969+0000 App[1394:380785] ### WAC: -[EAWiFiUnconfiguredAccessoryBrowserManager configureAccessory:withConfigurationUIOnViewController:]_block_invoke_3:368 Other Region SKU 
2024-03-14 12:55:56.266191+0000 App[1394:374248] 
### WAC: _notificationCleanup:42 responseFlags: 3 
### WAC: _notificationCleanup:43 responseFlags: 3

For me they don't look like an Error but would be nice if someone could give me some advice on this, I didn't find nothing about it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

In terms of those log entries…

The Other Region SKU line relates to the WAPI vs Wi-Fi distinction. It indicates that you’re running on a Wi-Fi device.

The _notificationCleanup:NNN responseFlags: RRR lines are more interesting. The NNN value isn’t relevant. The RRR values is likely to be kCFUserNotificationCancelResponse. That is, the API has posted a CFUserNotification and it completed with a ‘cancelled’ response.

However, that’s pretty much where my insight into this ends. I’m not 100% sure of that second point and, even if that’s correct, I’ve no idea why the notification might be cancelled.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"