Language guide for Swift 5.9

My Mac will not run Xcode 15.3 which uses Swift 5.10. It will run Xcode 15.2 which uses Swift 5.9.2. The problem I am seeing is that Apple provides the language guide for Swift 5.10 but not the guide for Swift 5.9. Is this a real problem or am I over reacting, if not, where can I get and how do I install the reference guide for Swift 5.9 that will show up in Xcode

Replies

Yes, don't be afraid, there are limited differences and only for advanced functions. But there is upward compatibility..

You can find Swift 5.7 in Books.

And if you want to see the differences in Swift 5.10, have a look here: https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

thank you Claude31

• Good continuation. Don't forget to close the thread by marking the correct answer bit that's OK for you. And don't hesitate to post new questions on the forum if you need some help.

Add a Comment

The Swift Programming Language is now open source. You can find the repo here. There are tags for all the recent releases. You could download it and build the appropriate version for yourself.

Note fcs stands for first customer ship. It’s AppleSpeak™ for a release build.

You could also engage with the Swift.org website workgroup to see if they’d be amenable to hosting older versions of the book for the benefit of folks in your situation.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"