Apple Keynote about non-renewing subscriptions

Does anyone have the link to a keynote where someone from Apple speaks about or explains non-renewing subscriptions in detail? I know what non-renewing subscriptions are, they are basically an in-app purchase with an expiry date. However, I want to better understand why I need to be the one that builds in the expire functionality in the app and why I need to handle things like how it should work if the user buys a new device before the period is over for example. Why can't Apple handle this stuff?

Replies

Non-renewing Subscriptions (NRS) when configured are very similar to consumables: in that you can purchase an NRS multiple times and the time stacks where the developer controls when it starts, pauses, nd expires. The NRS product in App Store Connect does not collect a duration, therefore there is no expires date in the transaction data.

If you support multiple devices or platforms, it is recommended you have an account system. Ie: Sign in with Apple And you store the customers purchased time and balance (expiration date) with that account records.