Analytics API detailed report missing data

Hello! I'm tasked with implementing the App Store Connect Analytics API report exports and I've noticed some major discrepancies between the Standard and Detailed reports.

I need to use the Detailed report specifically because of the breakdown by 'Source Info' which lets us break downloads and revenue down by specific App Referrers.

I have exported and processed both Standard and Detailed reports for one of our apps. Standard report downloads totals do match with the App Store Connect Metrics dashboard. However the detailed report totals appear wildly inaccurate.

Just as an example, I requested ONE_TIME_SNAPSHOT reports for the same app and there are major differences in the volume of data between standard and detailed.

App Store Downloads Standard: 4,331,848 rows across 35 segments.

App Store Downloads Detailed: 1,476,971 rows across 18 segments.

The total numbers for First downloads and Redownloads are at least 40% lower in the detailed reports as they are in the standard reports/app store connect.

Unfortunately the Standard report does not offer the granularity we want and the Detailed report is missing too much data to be useful.

Are there no other official way of getting this data?

Replies

Hello! I also faced this problem. This is due to privacy policy and possibly bugs. The more detailed the report, the more noise it contains and some data does not reach it because it does not pass the “threshold”. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/analytics-reports/privacy