Test Game Center integration for new game

Hi!

I have a new game and I have setup the leaderboards and achievements in App Store Connect but all of them are "not live" and in console I see this warning:

"No AchievementDescription could be found for Achievement with ID: {my_ID}"

I did not do a fresh Game Center setup for a long time, but is there any way to test if achievements and leaderboards are working for nonreleased game?

Thank you!

Replies

Yes, you can test and TestFlight achievements without them being live. That error is saying you have the app referring to the wrong or mistyped ID. Should be the Achievement ID and not the reference name.

let progress = min(percentComplete, 100.0)
let achievement = GKAchievement(identifier: achievementID)
achievement.percentComplete = progress
achievement.showsCompletionBanner = true  // Optional: to show a banner when completed

// Report the achievement progress to Game Center
GKAchievement.report([achievement]) { error in
          if let error = error {
                print("Error reporting achievement: \(error.localizedDescription)")
          } else {
                print("Achievement reported successfully")
          }
  }
  • I use the Achievement ID and it is correct, I checked it multiple times :/ That error in the completion block is nil when I call to report the achivements

• Its been a few months since I setup my last one. I can't think of any other tricks. I assume "Game Center" is checked on the main page. Not sure that's required. I haven't even added the build in "prepare for submission" and have been testing mine. None are live.

Add a Comment

One thing to add is that this game is for visionOS