Can't Link to App Store for Private Apps

My company has some private apps that are distributed via redemption codes (no ability to do MDM in this instance). If I try and open the app in the app store it shows a "Cannot Connect" error message. Similarly, if I try and link to the app programmatically through the app (https://apps.apple.com/app/id<id>) I get "App Not Available" in the app store.

Both of these seem to have the same cause, and they mean that I can't link to the app in the App Store when I detect that an update is available. Is there any alternative for this to allow my users to more easily update the app?

Alternatively I think it would be good enough to link to App Store >> Account and have them scroll down to the Updates section, but my testing of it has shown that I can only link to the App Store, or App Store >> Account >> Subscriptions successfully. When I try to link to App Store >> Account it opens the bottom sheet but displays a "We've run into a problem. Please try again later." message.

What would the best way for me to make the process of updating apps easy on my users given these hurdles?

Can't Link to App Store for Private Apps

Q