Apple id_token

I'm working on implementing Apple Sign In in an Angular application. I've successfully obtained the 'id_token', but I've noticed that the user's name is missing . I'm uncertain whether Apple provides the user's name in the 'id_token'. If it does, I'd like to know the steps to retrieve it correctly.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 789590022

Hi @Kartik_kumar0325,

Sign in with Apple does not provide the user's name in the identity token. The name provided in the auth flow is not sent to Apple and is passed directly to your client. It is expected for you to securely store and transmit this user data to your backend infrastructure. For more information, please see the following documentation:

Although Apple provides the user’s email address in the identity token on all subsequent API responses, it doesn’t include other information about the user, such as their name. When you receive user information from the API response, immediately store it locally so your app can access it again in the event of a process or network failure.

Authenticating users with Sign in with Apple

Cheers,

Paris

Hi @Kartik_kumar0325,

Sign in with Apple does not provide the user's name in the identity token. The name provided in the auth flow is not sent to Apple and is passed directly to your client. It is expected for you to securely store and transmit this user data to your backend infrastructure. For more information, please see the following documentation:

Although Apple provides the user’s email address in the identity token on all subsequent API responses, it doesn’t include other information about the user, such as their name. When you receive user information from the API response, immediately store it locally so your app can access it again in the event of a process or network failure.

Authenticating users with Sign in with Apple

Cheers,

Paris

Apple id_token

Q