Seller Name Change

Hello!

I've encountered an issue with the seller name on the App Store. It seems you can only change it once, during the initial app submission, and unfortunately, we missed that chance. Now, we're stuck with a long, non-English name for life.

Here’s the problem: In my country, when choosing a company name, selecting a "field of activity" is mandatory. Let’s say our company is called "X". You can’t just name it "X Inc."; it has to be "X + Field of Activity + Entity Type."

Since our language is not English, and aiming for a global market, our name ended up as "X + Foreign words nobody understands + Inc."

When I reached out to support, after 7-8 tickets, they only removed the"Inc." but left our field of activity in the name: "X + Game Technologies (Not in english)."

It seems Apple can make exceptions and change names, but in this frustrating situation, support is not helping.

We want to use just the name "X". We were told to change our company name legally, and only then would they consider changing it on the App Store.

The issue is that it’s not just a company name; it's including a descriptor of our field of activity, which legally cannot be omitted.

Why is changing the seller name a one-time opportunity?

If you miss it or make a mistake, you are forced to stick with something so critical for your company forever. Does anyone here have advice or solutions for this situation?"

Since only Apple can help you, I would just keep contacting support. I think you can only change your name once to prevent spam.

Seller Name Change

Q