Should we remove local storekit configuration option before submitting to App Store?

Hello, when developing an app on Xcode I add the local .storekit file to the run options as seen in the attachment.

Should this option be reverted back to "None" before we submit the app to the App Store?

Because this option is only under the "Run" scheme, not "Archive", I thought it shouldn't have any impact to the App Store build.

Backstory:

I had rejections from the app review team saying that they can't access the in-app purchases. In another build I removed this option and the app got accepted. But I don't know if this was the reason or it was because in-app purchases were waiting for review.

When searching the web I've seen some people suggesting that the option should be "None".

StoreKitConfigurationFileReference

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 788860022

Hi, there's no need to change the "StoreKit Configuration" in your run options to "None" before submitting your app to the App Store. Your intuition is correct in that this option only has an effect when you run your app using Xcode, and won't have any impact to the App Store build.

In general, StoreKit Testing in Xcode has no impact on your app when customers download it from the App Store. The only thing to consider is: take care to not include your StoreKit configuration file in your app's resources. It won't cause any problems with your app's behavior, but will unnecessarily increase the size of your app's bundle.

Hi, there's no need to change the "StoreKit Configuration" in your run options to "None" before submitting your app to the App Store. Your intuition is correct in that this option only has an effect when you run your app using Xcode, and won't have any impact to the App Store build.

In general, StoreKit Testing in Xcode has no impact on your app when customers download it from the App Store. The only thing to consider is: take care to not include your StoreKit configuration file in your app's resources. It won't cause any problems with your app's behavior, but will unnecessarily increase the size of your app's bundle.

I had rejections from the app review team saying that they can't access the in-app purchases. In another build I removed this option and the app got accepted. But I don't know if this was the reason or it was because in-app purchases were waiting for review.

The test environment use product identifiers you defined in the active StoreKit configuration when your app calls Product.products(for:). or sends a product information request. The sandbox and production environments use product identifiers you define in App Store Connect when calling these APIs.

The App Review team reviews in-app purchases in the sandbox. Disable StoreKit Testing in Xcode in your app, then test your in-app purchases in the sandbox before uploading them for review.

Should we remove local storekit configuration option before submitting to App Store?

Q