iOS Automation could not run because an internal error occurred

I am developing a shortcut for an application that is currently in production. The shortcut essentially involves opening the application and launching a notification so that the AppDelegate initiates a process to scan NFC tags.

To achieve this, I have an AppIntent that overrides the variable openAppWhenRun = true and an AppShortcutsProvider to implement this intent.

The problem arises when a user updates to the latest version of the application and tries to implement this shortcut through an automation. The following error appears: "When 'Reader' is detected" encountered an error: The action 'Scan DMA tags' could not run because an internal error occurred.

This does not always happen, only on some devices. However, if we uninstall and reinstall the application, it works perfectly. But this is not a viable solution since the application uses a database and data loss from frequent uninstallations is not acceptable.

Any solution?

I have tried to replicate the error but have been unable to do so. This issue has occurred on both iOS 16 and iOS 17.

iOS Automation could not run because an internal error occurred

Q