Issue with iOS Autofill Framework Not Recognizing Full Subdomain in App Links

Hello everyone,

I am encountering an issue with the iOS Autofill framework where the app saves the password with only the main domain (company.com) instead of the full subdomain (xyz.company.com) that I have specified. Here are the details of my configuration:

Entitlements.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
<array>
<string>applinks:xyz.company.com</string>
<string>webcredentials:xyz.company.com</string>
</array>
<key>keychain-access-groups</key>
<array>
<string>$(AppIdentifierPrefix)com.company</string>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

apple-app-site-association file:

{
  "applinks": {
    "details": [
      {
        "appIDs": ["ABCDEFGHIJ.com.company"]
      }
    ]
  },
  "webcredentials": {
    "apps": ["ABCDEFGHIJ.com.company"]
  }
}

Issue Description: I have configured the Entitlements.plist and the apple-app-site-association file to use a subdomain (xyz.company.com). However, when the app saves the password, it only saves it under company.com rather than the full subdomain xyz.company.com.

Steps Taken:

1. Verified that the Entitlements.plist contains the correct entries for applinks and webcredentials.
  2. Checked the apple-app-site-association file to ensure it includes the correct app IDs and details.
  3. Confirmed that the subdomain xyz.company.com is correctly set up and accessible.

Expected Behavior: The Autofill framework should save passwords with the full subdomain xyz.company.com as specified in the configuration.

Actual Behavior: Passwords are being saved with only the main domain company.com, ignoring the specified subdomain.

Questions:

1. Is there a specific configuration or step that I might be missing to ensure that the Autofill framework recognizes the full subdomain?
  2. Are there any known issues or limitations with using subdomains in the applinks and webcredentials settings?

Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Andy

Issue with iOS Autofill Framework Not Recognizing Full Subdomain in App Links

Q