Hundreds of AI models mining and indexing data on MAC OS.

Hi, this is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this on the forum, apple moderators ignoring it.

I'm a deep learning expert with a specialization of image processing.

I want to know why I have hundreds of AI models on my Mac that are indexing everything on my computer while it is idle, using programs like neuralhash that I can't find any information about.

I can understand if they are being used to enhance the user experience on Spotlight, Siri, Photos, and other applications, but I couldn't find the necessary information on the web.

Usually, (spyware) software like this uses them to classify files in an X/Y coordinate system. This feels like a more advanced version of stuxnet.

find / -type f -name "*.weights" > ai_models.txt
find / -type f -name "*labels*.txt" > ai_model_labels.txt

Some of the classes from the files;

file_name: SCL_v0.3.1_9c7zcipfrc_558001-labels-v3.txt

document_boarding_pass
document_check_or_checkbook
document_currency_or_bill
document_driving_license
document_office_badge
document_passport
document_receipt
document_social_security_number
hier_curation
hier_document
hier_negative
curation_meme
file_name: SceneNet5_detection_labels-v8d.txt

CVML_UNKNOWN_999999
aircraft
automobile
bicycle
bird
bottle
bus
canine
consumer_electronics
feline
fruit
furniture
headgear
kite
fish
computer_monitor
motorcycle
musical_instrument
document
people
food
sign
watersport
train
ungulates
watercraft
flower
appliance
sports_equipment
tool

This looks like it's meant for indexing Spotlight and recognizing items in Photos to give suggestions or context to users, given some of the model labels. Maybe VisionOS too? Doesn't look it's for anything more than that.

I'd understand thinking it'd be to train spyware but to call it an "advanced version of Stuxnet" is.. kind of ridiculous.

Hi, This is very much related to Spotlight, indexing obviously happens when your computer is idle to avoid disputing your regular computing. I’m not sure what you think you know about stuxnet but I would take a look online at what stuxnet was and how ridiculous you sound.

Have a nice day :)

Oh wow, that's very concerning

These are part of Apple's Vision Framework.

You can read more about the Vision Framework in their developer documentation: Vision Framework.

Developers using the Vision Framework can incorporate these features into their apps. As you will note in the Vision Framework documentation, the framework has been available since:

• iOS 11.0+
  • iPadOS 11.0+
  • macOS 10.13+
  • Mac Catalyst 13.0+
  • tvOS 11.0+
  • visionOS 1.0+

So, nothing new.

Apple provides many of the frameworks that developers can use in their system library so the framework doesn't need to be packaged with each app that uses it. This makes apps smaller and sometimes allows apps to take advantage of fixes to frameworks without having to recompile. When Apple updates the system framework, all apps that rely on the system framework may benefit.

Of course, Apple uses such frameworks too—for example, allowing you to search for photos of your dog.

It is always good to be concerned about data privacy and where your information goes. So, it's always good to ask questions. However, I don't think there is anything nefarious going on here.

Hope this helps provide some context for your concerns.

Hundreds of AI models mining and indexing data on MAC OS.

Q