Bug? Xcode 16 macOS 15 SDK on macos 14.5 causes Metal Shader Colors to be Wrong

I've been upgrading Xcode consistently for years and have never seen Metal shaders behave differently from one version to another until now. On macOS 14.5, Xcode 16 beta, suddenly several color outputs turn out completely black where there should be color. All validation is on and nothing seems to be wrong (and hasn't been since maybe Xcode version 11).

I've attached two screens. The first is the normal color scheme, the second is in Xcode 16. The settings are the exact same.

Normal:

Buggy with black + transparent colors (so it seems like either colors are overflowing or are all 0s)?

Before I file a bug report or code level request, may I have some thoughts on how to debug this? The only clue I have is that I'm using bindless to multiply color texture samples with color values from my vertex struct. But it still fails even if I use hard-coded values for the texture samples, meaning somehow the color values are not being sent to the shader correctly? This is the most stable part of my rendering pipeline, so I'm surprised if the issue is there.

Thank you.

Answered by KTRosenberg in 790604022

EDIT: This should be deleted. It turned out that there was some sort of change in the compilation steps causing issues with initialization of color data. The issue has nothing to do with rendering.

EDIT: This should be deleted. It turned out that there was some sort of change in the compilation steps causing issues with initialization of color data. The issue has nothing to do with rendering.

Bug? Xcode 16 macOS 15 SDK on macos 14.5 causes Metal Shader Colors to be Wrong

Q