FB13847127 (macOS 15 REGRESSION: No longer able to put dock at bottom of external display placed above laptop display (M2 Macbook Air))

macOS 15 (beta) has borked my desktop, changing a longstanding Dock behavior (for the worse); Apple says it’s expected behavior. :(

I wonder if anyone else is affected by this change.

I have my displays positioned as shown in the attached Screenshot, with a 4K BENQ Thunderbolt Display positioned above the internal display of an M2 MacBook Air.

Prior to macOS 15, I was able to place the dock at the bottom of the upper display using the technique described here https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/208750 This allows taking advantage of the much greater real estate on the external display.

As of macOS 15 (WWDC developer beta), this no longer works, and I can find no way to move the dock to the upper external display, and my dock remains squeezed into the tiny space available on my internal display (see attached photo).

I'm still miffed you can't use the defaults command to put it on the top of the screen or pin it to a corner anymore; I loved having it in the top-right corner of my screen until they decided that wasn't an approved orientation.

FB13847127 (macOS 15 REGRESSION: No longer able to put dock at bottom of external display placed above laptop display (M2 Macbook Air))

Q