When a refund of subscription is processed by App Store customer support, would the customer's subscription-to-refund canceled from Apple side?

I'm implement the app store notification handling on Refund case, but there is one point that i'm not sure and there seems little evidence from the notification doc.

So if a customer requested for a refund for its current active subscription, and App store processed the refund and refund the customer. Now

1. what would be the status of this subscription? still active, set to cancel at period end, or canceled already?

2. If the answer to 1. is "set to cancel" or "canceled already", would there still be notifications to my webhook endpoint just like these lifecycle events went through "normal" customer action to cancel the subscription?

Any details would be much appreciated, Thanks!

When a customer requests a refund, their subscription is canceled immediately, so their auto renew status is set to false, so their subscription is active only until their expiration date. If the refund request is approved then the transaction will have a revocation date populated, indicating the subscription is no longer active effective to that timestamp.

I suggest looking into server notifications v2 as they provide real time status updates and you can contribute to the refund decision via consumption info requests. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/in-app_purchase/original_api_for_in-app_purchase/handling_refund_notifications/

When a refund of subscription is processed by App Store customer support, would the customer's subscription-to-refund canceled from Apple side?

Q