Push Notification User to User

Hello everyone,

I'm getting desperate... I have built a small chat app and just can't get the other person to receive a push notification outside the app.

Does anyone have a code snippet or an idea how I can solve this? I'm getting desperate!

I have already tried a lot, the best would be a local solution where the message is triggered when the user receives a new message.

I would be happy to receive code snippets or tips. Sending via OneSignal works, but as I said, I just can't get the user to user messages to work!

Sending a push notification involves numerous steps and we would first need you to explain what it is you are doing in your app and server code, and exactly at what step things are failing, and what errors you are seeing.

You say sending via OneSignal works, which means your app code is able to register for notifications and your OneSignal setup is correct.

Now, what do you mean by user to user notifications. Is your app directly sending a notification to another user by contacting APNs directly? While that is technically possible, it is not usually how it is done.

Or is your app (on the sender side) contacting OneSignal and making a request for them to send a notification to the other user (on the receiving side). If that's the case, you may need to resolve this with OneSignal.

Nevertheless, we need a more detailed explanation of what steps you are taking in your code to make user to user notifications to happen, and what step is failing with what kinds of errors, before we or anyone else can provide a helpful answer.

Push Notification User to User

Q