App refused by Apple with error ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage

Hi,

we were able to migrate our solution from Xamarin to MAUI (.net 8).

After a 2 weeks fight, the app is finally working on my dev devices.

Unfortunately, after sending the app to review, it gets rejected because of the following:

ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage - The app references non-public symbols in [Our app name]: _SCDynamicStoreCreate, _SCDynamicStoreCreateRunLoopSource, _SCDynamicStoreKeyCreateNetworkServiceEntity, _SCDynamicStoreSetNotificationKeys.
If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information at http://developer.apple.com/support/technical/ 

From what I understand, this is because the 4 methods (_SCDynamicStoreCreate, _SCDynamicStoreCreateRunLoopSource, _SCDynamicStoreKeyCreateNetworkServiceEntity, _SCDynamicStoreSetNotificationKeys) exists in the generated Mach-O binary.

Those methods are not used directly by our application but because of HttpClient we are using to request our business API The methods are implemented in the System.Net.NetworkInformation assembly which is referenced in the System.Net.Http assembly

Given to the MAUI Team

those methods are public and should not be rejected (https://github.com/dotnet/maui/issues/23210#issuecomment-2186038540)

Kind regards

I am having this same error. The weird thing is that yesterday (06/24/2024) I submitted the same app with the same API in place and even posted some values to the REST service that those APIs are being used to connect to.

Then I just submitted another build today (06/25/2024) and got rejected.

Same for me here, yesterday everything works great, today it's a problem

We're running into a similar issue, except with AVFoundation APIs: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/758060

Same for me. SCDynamicStoreCreate

We are experiencing the same issue. We successfully published several builds to Testflight this morning, and since this afternoon have been receiving this rejection message for the same methods listed above. We are also using MAUI (.NET 8).

Exact same problem here. worked fine a couple of days ago but now can't upload a new build for testing.

Also started here today. was working fine yesterday and nothing changed in the app.

Facing the same issue are there any workarounds that any one has discovered for this issue ?

Glad I'm not the only one -- just added OneSignal, but couldn't imagine such a big company's dll would be a problem... guess can stop desperately troubleshooting this, just need to wait for a fix. Thanks for posting this, @clem0338 !!!

We're also experiencing the same issue today.

The same error message to me... I can't publish my app today in the apple store

Same goes here, was working perfectly fine a few days ago, but today we are hit with the private api error - which does not make sense.

Hi,

just to keep you posted, they are tons of new reports on the Github thread.

https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/issues/103949

Just assembled a new build and encountered the same problem. Luckily, I managed to publish the main changes on Friday and can at least release them.

Im also getting this error on all 3 apps i tried to publish today. This needs resolved asap

I am also experiencing this issue, which is quite unfortunate, since our clients are waiting for an update...

We are getting the same error too,

+1 - We are having exact same issue too.

Same problem here too. The same application was posted on Testflight 2 days ago, and the only changes made are minor fixes.

Same here, got this exact error message when sending .Net Maui app for review.

We're having the same exact issue.

It's working again. Whatever broke, Apple fixed it now.

I confirm, the problem seems solved.

Hi,

unfortunately it does not work for everyone everybody (Sent around 9AM UTC)

Hi,

I'm still stuck with this issue, am i the only one ?

I have updated the GitHub thread with Apple answers in case somebody is interesting and with a bit of luck, someone from Apple team with more than a half brain

App refused by Apple with error ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage

Q