Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles duplicatedcertificate

In my developper account, "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" show two "Developer ID Installer" certificates (Expiration Date 2027/05/13 and 2027/02/01) I did not found any way to delete, remove or revoke one. How can I fix it ?

Xcode complaint "Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code" Previouly I put right this error with the command: xattr -cr path_to_application but this no longer work.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 794228022

Developer ID certificates are precious, so you can’t revoke them yourself. I talk about this in detail in The Care and Feeding of Developer ID.

In general, having two Developer ID certificates is fine. You’ll often see this if one is managed and the other is not, or when you’re coming up to the expiry date. If they start to accumulate beyond that, you need to examine your workflows to see why that’s the case.

Xcode complaint Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

That error is unlikely to have anything to do with these duplicate certificates. You mentioned that they are Developer ID Installer certificates, and those aren’t using to sign code, only installer packages.

Previouly I put right this error with the command: xattr -cr path_to_application but this no longer work.

Yeah, that’s not the right path forward here. Rather, look in the Xcode Reports navigator to find the failing build step and see exactly what error is being reported by codesign. That should help you find a solution but, if not, reply back here with the exact error and we can talk about that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

We can communicate

Developer ID certificates are precious, so you can’t revoke them yourself. I talk about this in detail in The Care and Feeding of Developer ID.

In general, having two Developer ID certificates is fine. You’ll often see this if one is managed and the other is not, or when you’re coming up to the expiry date. If they start to accumulate beyond that, you need to examine your workflows to see why that’s the case.

Xcode complaint Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

That error is unlikely to have anything to do with these duplicate certificates. You mentioned that they are Developer ID Installer certificates, and those aren’t using to sign code, only installer packages.

Previouly I put right this error with the command: xattr -cr path_to_application but this no longer work.

Yeah, that’s not the right path forward here. Rather, look in the Xcode Reports navigator to find the failing build step and see exactly what error is being reported by codesign. That should help you find a solution but, if not, reply back here with the exact error and we can talk about that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles duplicatedcertificate

Q