Issue with Core Simulator Cache Consuming Disk Space

I recently ran out of disk space and discovered that my System Data was consuming 866 GB of storage. After investigating, I found multiple directories named "Dead" nested within my developer data, consuming nearly 600 GB of storage.

An example path is: /Users/<usr>/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/<device-id>/data/Library/Caches/com.apple.containermanagerd/Dead

These directories contained multiple directories titled "temp.<id>".

Rebooting the computer did not empty these "Dead" directories; I had to manually delete them.

What is the expected lifespan of the temporary directories stored in the "Dead" directory?

From Installing and managing Simulator runtimes > Install and manage Simulator runtimes in settings:

Choose Xcode > Settings > Components to see a list of Simulator runtimes that are currently installed and available for download. Xcode shows the amount of storage you can recover if you remove an installed Simulator runtime. To recover storage space from unused Simulator runtimes, select a Simulator runtime, click the Delete button (-) in the lower-left corner, and click Delete in the confirmation dialog.

Issue with Core Simulator Cache Consuming Disk Space

Q