iOS 18 Beta 2 - SMS/MMS Not Working

Hi all, I have an issue with iOS 18 Beta 2 (Since Beta 1) where SMS and MMS do not work. I can only send a receive iMessages. If the user is not using an iPhone and send a message to them, but I cannot receive the reply. I initially thought this was an RCS issues, but I turned RCS off in iOS 18 Beta 2 when the switch showed up. This still has not solved the issue. Any Ideas? Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? I am using an iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB on Verizon Wireless.

Answered by thisguyjerome in 795315022

Resolution,

I factory reset my phone and oddly enough, it didn't fix the issue. I then downgraded to iOS 17.5.1. That didn't fix it either. I then factory reset a 2nd time, and it still didn't resolve the issue. Since none of that worked, i then realized the issue had nothing to do with the phone or OS Version. I ended up calling Verizon, and after I told them what the issue was, they suggested for them re-sync the network profile for my device.

Once they did this, I rebooted the phone (Vol up, down, and then hold power) and the phone started to work soon after. while I didn't get any of the messages that I had missed, it is working now.

what I'm suspecting is that when the RCS Profile was loaded, it caused an issue with the network profile on the carrier side, and it caused the issue. I'm not 100% on this, and won't know until I can test it, but it seems the most likely issue.

Try giving your carrier a call, and tell them that txt messaging isn't working, and that you have already factory reset. They should proceed to do the same thing, and it should (hopefully) resolve your issue.

I updated my iPhone 13pro also and the text messages have gone crazy. At times I can’t even open the message app but after can’t trying it’s opens but click on a message to read or reply. sometimes I’m able to read the message but if I’m lucky and the screen doesn’t freeze up I send a message in green and at times it does not send it. I reported to problem to apple via the diagnostic app on numerous occasions but not heard a reply . Got to a stage I feel like putting the phone in a draw and forgetting it.

Im having the same problem I can’t receive any texts besides iMessage. And also my data as well, when I’m near my house the data doesn’t work. I can’t go online listen to music saying there’s no connection. But as soon as I leave my area it works again. I’m on iOS beta 3 right now

Updated to Beta 3, Same issue. tested with RCS ON and OFF. I've also tried to reset network settings, and reset all settings. The only thing i haven't done yet is a factory reset which I'm honestly trying to avoid. Any ideas folks?

Same issue here. I also thought that the Beta 3 would solve the problem, but no. I decided to downgrade until this is solved.

so I did a full factory reset and now my messages show up for a second then disappear. Idk what else to do.

Accepted Answer

Resolution,

I factory reset my phone and oddly enough, it didn't fix the issue. I then downgraded to iOS 17.5.1. That didn't fix it either. I then factory reset a 2nd time, and it still didn't resolve the issue. Since none of that worked, i then realized the issue had nothing to do with the phone or OS Version. I ended up calling Verizon, and after I told them what the issue was, they suggested for them re-sync the network profile for my device.

Once they did this, I rebooted the phone (Vol up, down, and then hold power) and the phone started to work soon after. while I didn't get any of the messages that I had missed, it is working now.

what I'm suspecting is that when the RCS Profile was loaded, it caused an issue with the network profile on the carrier side, and it caused the issue. I'm not 100% on this, and won't know until I can test it, but it seems the most likely issue.

Try giving your carrier a call, and tell them that txt messaging isn't working, and that you have already factory reset. They should proceed to do the same thing, and it should (hopefully) resolve your issue.

iOS 18 Beta 2 - SMS/MMS Not Working

Q