Xcode: Missing libSystem.B.dylib file

Hi everyone,

I recently developed a Chess engine in C using Xcode on my old Mac. After purchasing a new Mac, I attempted to run my project but encountered the following error:

dyld[12498]: dyld cache '(null)' not loaded: syscall to map cache into shared region failed dyld[12498]: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib Referenced from: <7D3E4140-BCEC-3C04-8C77-11EB7AEEB393> /Users/simonmizrahi/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Chesspresso_Take_2-awdtkeshpaucukgespypcbgxgsvy/Build/Products/Debug/Chesspresso Take 2 Reason: tried: '/Users/simonmizrahi/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Chesspresso_Take_2-awdtkeshpaucukgespypcbgxgsvy/Build/Products/Debug/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/system/introspection/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file, no dyld cache), '/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file, no dyld cache)'

I’ve reinstalled macOS and Xcode, but the issue persists. I’ve verified that libSystem.B.dylib is missing from /usr/lib/. I am quite anxious to find a solution, as I’ve read similar posts but do not understand how to fix the problem in my specific case.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this and get my project running on my new Mac?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I’ve verified that libSystem.B.dylib is missing from /usr/lib/.

That’s a red herring. The actual issue is indicated by the other log message you listed:

dyld[12498]: dyld cache '(null)' not loaded: syscall to map cache into shared region failed

I talk about this in detail in this post, and the follow-up posts on that thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Xcode: Missing libSystem.B.dylib file

Q