unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer "Apple Developer" XXXX

I have recently been added as an apple developer in an organization by our main developer.

On my mac, within keychain access, I have two certificates, one under my name and one under the company name. Both are not trusted. I am not sure what steps I need to perform to get those certificates to be trusted.

I suspect that maybe my account does not have the privileges required regarding generating trusted certificates despite me being a developer in the organization.

I get the error mentioned in the title when trying to deploy my app on a real device for testing which I am convinced is tied to the fact that my certificates on my target machine are not trusted.

All the solutions that I have read online have failed me and its quite impossible for me to proceed forward at this point without any assistance.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 795085022

The most common cause of this is a missing intermediate. See Fixing an untrusted code signing certificate.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

The most common cause of this is a missing intermediate. See Fixing an untrusted code signing certificate.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer "Apple Developer" XXXX

Q