Hardened Runtime is Not Enabled

Hello

I´ve build a game in Unreal and try to get it for sale to a webshop (not Apple Store). For that, the game needs to be notarized etc. And to sell the outside of Apple Store you need to log in manually with Developer ID application in Xcode.

Any idea why I get this error message: "Hardened Runtime is Not Enabled. "XXXXXXXX.app" must be rebuilt with support for the Hardened Runtime. Enable the Hardened Runtime capability in the project editor, test your app, rebuild your archive, and upload again.

Any help appreciated, I´ve struggled with this for a week.

All the best, Ramili

When faced with problems like this a good first step is to isolate whether the problem is with the way your app is built or with the notary service itself. I do this with a process like this:

1. Export the app for notarisation.

2. Notarise that to confirm that it fails.

3. Unpack the app so you can examine it.

4. Use tools to confirm whether the issue is real or not.

How do you do this depends on how you manage you notarisation workflow. The screenshot you posted suggested that you’re using manual code signing and configuring your app to build with Developer ID directly. I recommend against do that. See The Care and Feeding of Developer ID for more on that.

Rather, it’s better to configure your project to use automatic code signing and then, when you want to distribute, choose Build > Archive and then export from the Xcode organiser.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hardened Runtime is Not Enabled

Q