App Stuck at Paywall Screen Due to Pending Subscription Review

Hello everyone,

I’m facing an issue with my app where it's stuck at the paywall screen because my app has been approved but my subscriptions are still "Waiting for Review". This prevents me from fetching the subscription options needed to display behind the paywall.

I've resubmitted my app multiple times and also created tickets and used Feedback Assistant to report this issue, but I haven't received a resolution yet.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation or have any suggestions on how to resolve this? My app is live, but without approved subscriptions, users can't access its full functionality.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Answered by oributch in 795312022

After carefully reviewing my app and subscription setup, I realized that my initial submissions were missing subscriptions linked to the app version, which caused the paywall issue. According to Apple's guidelines, subscriptions must be included with a new app version submission for them to be properly reviewed.

To address this, I've now added a new subscription and linked it directly to my app build. Both my app and the subscriptions have been under review for nearly 2 hours (typically a 10-minute process), possibly due to these recent changes.

Edit: Out of my 4 subscription, 3 of them approved and my approved as well. So, this solved my issue.

Accepted Answer

After carefully reviewing my app and subscription setup, I realized that my initial submissions were missing subscriptions linked to the app version, which caused the paywall issue. According to Apple's guidelines, subscriptions must be included with a new app version submission for them to be properly reviewed.

To address this, I've now added a new subscription and linked it directly to my app build. Both my app and the subscriptions have been under review for nearly 2 hours (typically a 10-minute process), possibly due to these recent changes.

Edit: Out of my 4 subscription, 3 of them approved and my approved as well. So, this solved my issue.

App Stuck at Paywall Screen Due to Pending Subscription Review

Q