Xcode 16 beta 3 can't load Teams in VM

I'm currently setting up a new build environment.

Our old build server was a small M1 Mac Mini set up to build our, up-to-now, only app. Since we now have a second app (and probably more to come) and have some issues building all on the same mac (gem versions, flutter versions, etc.) I now set up a virtualized build environment.

I'm currently running a MacOS 15 beta 3 VM on a M2 Mac Mini also on MacOS 15 beta 3. The VM has all basic tools inside, including Xcode 16 beta 3 and is logged in with our AppleID for our build server.

The VM is spun up with a non-persistent storage before the build, installs the gem's/flutter in the correct version, checks out the code and builds it. Now I'm getting an error on the build, that I have to select a development team, but he team is already selected and the build is working fine on the old M1 Mac Mini. It is suggested to login to Xcode, so I logged in to Xcode in the VM, which itself was successful, but when loading the teams I'm getting the following error:

Decoding Error

There was a failure decoding response: (HTTP 401, 60 bytes)
The data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format..

The account info is correct, it's the same account that is logged in to MacOS and it's the same account from the old build system.

I guess this somehow has to do with the MacOS VM (before MacOS 15 it was not possible to signin to an apple id, this is also the reason why I use the beta).

Is there any chance to fix this and get it working?

We are not able to use Xcode cloud builds (or any other cloud services) due to corporate policies. We are also not able to buy a dedicated Mac Mini for every app (too expensive and too much time needed for maintenance).

Answered by DTS Engineer in 795979022

Thanks for the post; an HTTP Status Code 401: Unauthorized usually means that the server requires a valid authentication token, username/password, or other authentication mechanism in the request headers, but it was not provided or was incorrect.

I would double-check your credentials. If you have the correct credentials and because Xcode 16 beta 3 is still in beta, I would greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report.

Once you open the bug report, please post the FB number here for my reference.
If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Accepted Answer

Thanks for the post; an HTTP Status Code 401: Unauthorized usually means that the server requires a valid authentication token, username/password, or other authentication mechanism in the request headers, but it was not provided or was incorrect.

I would double-check your credentials. If you have the correct credentials and because Xcode 16 beta 3 is still in beta, I would greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report.

Once you open the bug report, please post the FB number here for my reference.
If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Thank you for your response, I filed a bug report with the number: FB14388663

Xcode 16 beta 3 can't load Teams in VM

Q