[macOS Sequoia b1-3] Screen recording permission for XPC service repeatedly requested

Hi,

my app ScreenFloat can capture screenshots and record the screen (along with system- and microphone audio). It does this in an XPC service.

On macOS Sequoia b1-3, recording does not work anymore (although permissions are granted to the app in System Preferences > Privacy & Security). Instead, I keep getting an error that my XPC service can access this computer's screen and audio. (of course, that's the point!)

First of all, the screen is locked when the warning appears, clicks anywhere on the screen are not recognized. I have to hit Escape (or wait about a minute, at which point it resolves itself), to be able to click anywhere. Clicking on Continue To Allow doesn't do anything, either. The warning just re-appears every time.

Do I need to add a new entitlement to my main app or the XPC service, or any new NSUsage strings to the InfoPlist.strings?

How can I resolve this?

Thank you,

• Matthias
[macOS Sequoia b1-3] Screen recording permission for XPC service repeatedly requested

Q