Request for Clarification on Guideline 5.1.2(i) Rejection for OneMind App

I have an app, OneMind. The purpose is to unify the voice of the users through a voting process. It is essentially a group chat, which is the main purpose of the app. As an optional incentive, I incorporated a OneMind Token, a Solana-based token, awarded to the user who created the message that won the most votes. It is not mandatory; it is an incentive for users, but it is not the main purpose of the app.

My app was denied for the following reasons:

Guideline 5.1.2(i) - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing

The primary purpose of the app is still to encourage users to perform digital tasks in exchange for compensation, watch ads and/or perform other marketing-oriented tasks, which is not appropriate.

I have thoroughly reviewed Guideline 5.1.2(i) and do not see how my app violates this guideline. The guideline mentions that:

"Your app may not require users to enable system functionalities (e.g., push notifications, location services, tracking) in order to access functionality, content, use the app, or receive monetary or other compensation, including but not limited to gift cards and codes."

OneMind does not require users to enable any system functionalities for the app to work or to receive compensation. The app functions perfectly without requiring such permissions.

Regarding the feedback about encouraging digital tasks for compensation, watching ads, or performing marketing-oriented tasks:

• Digital Tasks for Compensation: The OneMind Token is a secondary feature to enhance engagement, not the primary purpose. The core functionality is facilitating thoughtful communication and collective decision-making.

• Watching Ads: Ads are minimal and not central to the user experience.

• Marketing-Oriented Tasks: The app does not ask users to perform tasks for marketing purposes.

Could you please provide a direct quote from Guideline 5.1.2(i) that specifies the violation by our app? I want to ensure OneMind is fully compliant and would appreciate any specific guidance on how to address the review feedback.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, Joel Castro

If you disagree with the outcome of our review, you may consider submitting an appeal to the App Review Board.When filing your appeal, make sure to:

• Provide specific reasons why you believe your app complies with the App Review Guidelines.
  • Submit only one appeal per rejection.
  • Respond to any requests for additional information before submitting an appeal.

The App Review Board will contact you directly as soon as they've completed their investigation.

Request for Clarification on Guideline 5.1.2(i) Rejection for OneMind App

Q